Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blog Bites: Ramen Bar and Eskimo Bob

Welcome readers! This is another edition of Blog Bites. In this blog article, I've tried out Ramen Bar in Eastwood and Eskimo Bob in SM Megamall. Read more to know what I recommend in both restaurants as well as food to avoid. Below each short food review is their address, phone number and operating hours.

Enjoy!

Cheftonio

Ramen Bar

For me, one of the best Ramen in Manila as of the moment is in Eastwood. Tucked behind the Eastwood mall is a Japanese Ramen Bar called --- Ramen Bar.



Super Chasyu Ramen -- BEST!
I forgot what my parents ordered but I recommend that you try out Ramen Bar in Eastwood and order the Super Chasyu Ramen! It's somewhat similar to my favorite restaurant in Singapore called Marutama Ramen.

The meat is very soft and the soup is very tasty. The ramen is kind of thick but doesn't have the hollow feeling in it. Words can't express how good it was or maybe, I haven't tried other ramen places here in Manila. Care to recommend one so I can try and maybe, you'll be my new favorite.

Ramen Bar
Ground Level, Eastwood Mall
Eastwood Ave. & Orchard Road, Bagumbayan Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
570-9457

Monday to Saturday 11:00am to 11:00pm
Saunday 10:00am to 11:00pm

Eskimo Bob

This is a rebranded Ice Bergs but is more focused in serving meals rather than ice cream.

Iced Tea
Don't order their bottomless Iced Tea. It's not good. I don't know what brand they use but I didn't like it very much.

Gambas w/ Brown Rice
I upgraded my rice to Brown rice and added 35 pesos for it. I think it's worth it because it was good! It's not simply brown rice as they mixed it with other ingredients that added a twist to the taste. The gambas was soso and the sauce wasn't good. Serving is too small too for a 250 pesos meal.

Overall, I recommend upgrading to their brown rice.

Eskimo Bob
Level 4, Mega Atrium, SM Megamall
  • Sun-Thu
    10:00 am - 9:00 pm
  • Fri-Sat
    10:00 am - 10:00 pm

2 comments:

  1. the pix look yummy. make me wanna go there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may check out a new directory site with very comprehensive listing about Philippine Restaurants. It includes even small companies within your neighborhood. Click here for the link: http://www.brownbag.ph/directory

    ReplyDelete