Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog Bites: Sunrise Buckets and Mango Tree Bistro

Blog Bites is a blog about my daily eat-outs. Since I can't fully feature each and every restaurant I visit and I can't try out every single food that they offer, here, I feature small bits and bites of my everyday eating experience. Before, I named it 'Random Eats b Cheftonio'. I find 'Blog Bites' more appealing and so, our eating adventure starts... here!

Below each short review, I placed the restaurants contact details, address and operating hours. If you have questions or invites to try, do email me at chef_tonio@yahoo.com. My main blog by the way is Cheftonio.blogspot.com and for full reviews, I post it there.

In this edition, I tried out Sunrise Bucket's Wings and the talked about Mango Tree Bistro. Enjoy!

Cheftonio
 


Sunrise Buckets Chicken Wings
Surfer Theme inside the Sunrise Bucket Restaurant
The Bone Collector | Self-explanatory. Note: Chicken bones
Home-brewed Iced Tea
I'm a fan of Iced-Teas! Nothing beats the Iced Tea of Royale Tagaytay Country Club but this one from Sunrise Buckets isn't so bad since it's more accessible compared to going to Tagaytay. Another great Iced Tea is from Magyar Hungarian Cuisine.

Both the Iced Tea from Royale Tagaytay and Magyar are bottomless. The one from Sunrise Buckets isn't.

Fries served in mugs
I didn't like the cheese fries so much. The BBQ Fries was good though.

Wings served in buckets
I liked their Chicken wings but it's nothing compared to Bonchon Chicken. Bonchon is my favorite so far. Second would be Chicken Charlie (Hi to Ifore!) and maybe this comes in third. I've tried several 'wing' places already and I'll blog about them one at a time and do a comparison.

Rice was good too!
So far, I loved the in-store ambiance. It felt like I was in a beach in Australia. Good food overall. Will come back if there's available parking because parking there is shared.

Sunrise Buckets 
Ground Level, Madison Square , Madison St. cor. Ortigas Ave., Greenhills
4777636

Mango Tree Bistro
We arrived quite late already and we were in a hurry looking for a place to eat because we were going to catch a movie an hour after. We decided to try out Mango Tree Bistro because it was recommended by several people already.

Fried Rice

Vegetable Pad Thai

Lemon Grass Chicken

The recommendation made was great as we enjoyed our quick dinner very much! The Pad Thai and Lemon Grass Chicken is a must order! The chicken was soft and tasty while the Pad Thai exceeded my expectations! I can't quite remember how the fried rice tasted.

I don't recommend the Thai Iced Tea if you don't like sweet drinks. I didn't finish mine because it was too sweet for me.

Mango Tree Bistro
3rd Level, Trinoma Mall EDSA cor. North Ave.Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
585-5460


Email me at: Chef_tonio@yahoo.com 

2 comments:

  1. i've heard abt mango tree from friends but didn't pay attention. i didn't know it was thai food... i better check this one out. thanks for the info and yummy pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sunrise Buckets. If you love BonChon, you can give Smokin' BBQ a try on your next visit.

    By the way, we have 4 exclusive parking lots here at Madison Square and you can also park at City Center (where Fix Salon) is located at from 7pm onwards, just surrender your receipt to the guard and parking is free. =)

    ReplyDelete